Now that summer is almost here, it's time to prepare for a season of enjoying the sun, sand, and waves. Having the ideal sustainable swimwear in Australia makes all of the difference in how confident and comfortable you feel.
However, in a world where environmental awareness is becoming more and more important, finding sustainable swimwear choices for every body type can be difficult.
Embracing sustainable swimwear
Making eco-friendly decisions is more important than ever in a time when concerns about climate change and plastic pollution are prevalent. The Someday Co has compiled a beautiful collection of ethical swimwear that not only leave you feeling and looking your best.
Honouring All Body Types
Celebrating that no two bodies are the same is critical and that everybody is beautiful in their own unique way. Every woman deserves to feel comfortable and confident when wearing swimwear and throughout their surfing adventures. It is important to know which are the hottest trends in sustainable swimwear.
1. Traditional One-Pieces
The classic one-piece is a mainstay in every swimwear collection because it is a timeless option that never goes out of style. Look for one-pieces that have strategically placed cutouts or appealing ruching to highlight your curves while offering plenty of coverage for all of your surfing adventures.
● Lionel The Label low-back one-piece is the perfect option for those looking for classic styling and a timeless swimwear option.
● The Lady Suit by Soulti Surf has thick straps to stay in place while surfing and a fashionable open-back design.
● The Bliss Boheme, Blossom one-piece features handcrafted crochet detailing and tassels for that added stylish factor. With cross-back straps provides better bust support.
2. The Classic Bikini
For tropical adventures the classic sustainable bikini is a popular option however coverage and slipping need to be taken into consideration. With many different styles of both bikini bottoms and tops available, we have showcased the best styles for different body types and for the adventurous surfer.
● The bralette top by Ocean Zen has adjustable straps and will keep everything in place while you are busy surfing. Made from a soft luxurious ribbed fabric this top is perfect for days spent in the ocean.
● Bliss Boheme has designed a balconette bikini top that has wide shoulder straps and a stunning bow tie at the back. This secure top will stay in place even in larger surf conditions.
● The Capri Bikini Bottoms are both high-waisted and boyleg design that provides additional coverage and will stay in place while swimming. With moderate bottom coverage, you can focus on having fun rather than losing your bikini bottoms in the ocean.
● The high-cut design of the Simpl Swim bottoms not only lengthens your legs and defines your waistline they also provide medium coverage. Which is perfect for those who want to show a little bit of cheek but not too much.
3. Sporty and Sun Safe
Sporty sustainable swimwear options include sustainable rashguards and surf suits. These will provide the wearer with additional support and coverage. The added benefit is that these options include extra sun protection from harmful sun rays. This means that you can spend longer in the surf without having to be concerned about reapplying suncream.
● The Turtle Top Rashvest from Soulti Surf includes both long sleeves and a high neckline for maximum sun protection. The adjustable waist tie ensures that the top doesn't ride up either. Ideally to be paired with high-waisted bottoms for maximum coverage.
● Ocean Flo has a large collection of different styles of surfsuits. These include long-sleeved and short-sleeved options as well as cheeky and boy-leg cuts on the bottoms. All of their designs feature a variety of different colours and patterns and provide great support and sun coverage.
● Salt Gypsy has turned ocean waste into a full-coverage turtleneck rashguard in bright colours. Styled with a high-waisted bikini bottom you will be able to surf the entire day no worries.
By joining The Someday Co, you are supporting the eradication of ocean plastic as we contribute 1% of every transaction to local charities.
We are dedicated to making sustainable purchasing enjoyable and simple for you. Get $10 off your first purchase of $100 or more. Additionally, we provide free domestic delivery for purchases over $49 and free international shipping for purchases over $120 AUD.